How to recover deleted files and folders
The importance of digital storage of data has been increasing over the years. From documents to favourite movies and eBooks, people tend to save a wide variety of data digitally. However, technical or digital errors may cause this data to be accidentally deleted. If you do not know how to recover these folders and files, you may land up in a mess. Before looking at how to recover deleted files and folder first understand the reasons of data loss.
Here is few reasons which causes deletion of files and folders:
- Due to Virus Attack
- Software Crash
- Power fluctuations
- Data Corruption in hard drive or any other device
- Shift + Delete operation
- Accidental formatting etc.
Moving further, here are specific ways, which you can follow to retrieve the deleted files and folders on your computer.
Ways to recover deleted files and folders
Listed below are some of the methods to recover deleted files and folders:
1) Try the “System Restore” feature of Windows
First, you can use the backup and restore the file from the previous version (in case you are using Windows). This can be done if you have accidentally deleted or modified a file. These previous versions will help you to get a copy of the file and folders, that Windows auto-saves at a particular restore point. The backup and restore option allows you to reset your computer to a state it was in a few days ago. To use this option: Go to Start -> System Tools -> System Restore tab. Then, press the continue button and Click Next. Then, choose the best Restore point or date. The date should be that the original file must still be there.
2) Use the Stellar data recovery software
It is necessary to use data recovery software, which will help you to recover the deleted files and folders. These days, most of the individuals and professionals use powerful data recovery software to recover the lost data. When you have a trusted software, the quality of data security in your computer gets a boost. The software enable one to recover the files and folders efficiently and quickly, and most importantly, you need not to have any technical skills. You can recover documents, photos, videos, music files and other items on your computer with the help of software.
You can recover the data in the simple steps, as presented below:
- Step1: To start with, Download and install data recovery software
- Step2: Now you should select the location from where you had lost those files. Then you will come across an option ‘Start’, or ‘Continue’. Click on it to proceed to the next stage.
- Step 3: After the data recovery software completes the scanning, previewing and checking, the deleted folders will be recovered and you will find them back in your folder. In case you are unable to find the files you are looking for, you can go for a deep scan. This is a deeper scan mode for searching for more files.
- Step 4: You can click on recover to restore your data.
Note – In free version you can only preview the files if you want to recover the data you have to purchase the software.
3) Use the help of experts in data recovery
In most of the cases, software can recover the data but in case if you did not recover data with the help of software or recovered photos gets corrupted then you can obtain data recovery services. Stellar data recovery is one of the most trusted and recommended data recovery service provider. They provide safe and secure data recovery services. These experts with decades of experience would know precisely how to get back your data.
There are many data recovery service providers but Stellar can be easily recommended because of the following:
- Recovering data from 1993
- No Recovery – No Charge policy
- 100% Safe and Secure
- 15 branches across India
- Free pickup and drop facility
- Strong Presence in USA, Europe & Asia
- ISO 9001:2015 & ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified
- Microsoft Gold ISV Partner
- Served over 3+ million customers
Data Prevention Tip: Take backup of your data regularly in other drive or storage media devices to avoid data loss.
Data loss is a common problem. Be it photos, videos, documents, files, folders or any other forms of recorded communication; each loss creates similar trouble. At such times, data recovery becomes quite an essential element of the data cycle. To avoid this situation, one can take backup of data regularly. Or else when such a situation arises, you can approach to data recovery experts.
I hope, these strategies will help you to recover a deleted file and folder on your computer. For more information about Stellar data recovery visit their official website or dial their toll-free number 1800-102-3232.